Looking for an opportunity to further your career?
SafetyDriven – TSCBC is a thriving organization with big aspirations for its employees. Working with SafetyDriven – TSCBC means you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career within a fantastic team of professionals and still have plenty of time to enjoy life outside work.
Job opportunities at SafetyDriven – TSCBC also come with:
- Frequent skills development and training
- Competitive salary and generous benefits
- Subsidies for training, and professional memberships
- Generous leave, including allowances for new parents
- Positive workplace with an upbeat corporate culture
Business Development Representative (part time contract position)
Make a difference every day!
SafetyDriven™ – the Trucking Safety Council of BC, is driving to improve safety performance in trucking and related industries. Our SafetyDriven™ team delivers free, confidential advice, along with training, resources, and information. As the industry Certifying Partner, approved by WorkSafeBC, we also award Certificates of Recognition (COR) to employers and owner/operators who show commitment to workplace safety.
Position: Business Development Representative
Contract: Part time contractor
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Marketing and Operations
Based: BC interior or northern BC
Contract Dates: tentatively June – December 2018
We are seeking a part-time Business Development Representative to raise awareness of our organization, programs, and services within our existing and potential membership base across the province of British Columbia. The Business Development Representative will achieve this through cold calls, visits, and workshop/lunch & learn delivery. The ideal candidate should have experience with conducting in person business development, client relationship building, and workshop delivery. They should have a strong working knowledge of the BC trucking and moving & storage industries. The ideal candidate should also have a working knowledge of occupational health and safety.
This is a contract position requiring the individual to be able to work independently and remotely. The contract will include 8-16 hours per week of work and the delivery of 6-8 workshops across the province over the duration of the contract.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience in customer relationship development.
- Experience in working with or in the trucking, moving and storage, or transportation industries.
- Experience in delivering/facilitating workshops, lunch & learns, and presentations.
- Experience in conducting cold calls and client visits.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
- Experience with occupational health and safety, Worker’s Compensation Act & Regulations, and Canada Labour Code Part II.
For a complete job description, please click here.
To apply please submit a cover letter, with available start date, salary expectations and resume (max 5 pages) to email@example.com no later than 5:00pm, April 30, 2018.
We thank you for your interest in our organization. Please be advised that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.