Date(s) - Jun 25, 2018
Categories No Categories
YWCA CHANGING GEARS is a Free 23-week Class 1 Truck Driving Training Program for Women
Are you on EI or have been within the last five years?
Interested in securing full-time employment as a truck driver in the transportation industry?
This Project-Based Labour Market Training (PBLMT) program offers training to women to gain the skills necessary to obtain their Class 1 Drivers Licence.
June 25, 2018
- Class 1 Driver training and on-the-road practice (city and mountain)
- Air-brake Certification
- Class 1 Trucking Essential Skills Training
- Group pre-trip course
- National Safety Code (log books)
- Defensive driving, Extreme driving Courses
- Load Securement – practical
- Hauling Freight, Commercial Driving Courses
- SMART Driver Course
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Occupational First Aid Level I, WHMIS
- Self-defense training
- Health and Wellness component
- Job Search support and placement with local employers
Our training is provided in partnership with Valley Driving School.
Eligible participants are unemployed women:
- Currently on EI or have been within the last five years OR;
- Have established a benefit period and were paid maternity benefits within the past five years and are re-entering the labour force
- Have a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract
- No outstanding fines and/or bridge tolls
- English proficiency
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Ability to commit to 23 weeks of full-time classroom and practical training
How to register:
If you meet the eligibility requirements, contact your local WorkBC Employment Services Centre and ask for a referral from a Case Manager.
To find a WorkBC Employment Service Centre near you, please visit workbc.ca
For more information, contact Changing Gears at: