Date(s) - Nov 29, 2019
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
BC Trucking Association Classroom
Categories No Categories
This full day course focuses upon National Safety Code (NSC) compliance and record-keeping
with an emphasis on preparing to be audited by NSC auditors.
Records under discussion include: Hours of service and what is required in terms of support documentation, the hours of services in Canada and the USA, driving North of the 60 Parallel. Maximum hours to drive in a day, work in a day and deferrals as well as special cases such as adverse weather.
Vehicle records including:
- Having a vehicle safety management plan or vehicle safety plan and how to write this plan
- Vehicle maintenance records required
- Letters of discipline
- Policies and procedures manuals
- Company reports that relate to the National Safety Code
- Driver assessments
- Driver abstracts and the frequency getting new abstracts
Hours of Service record-keeping:
- What the hours of service are and how to monitor the hours for the drivers (these requirements are examined in detail)
- The proper way to audit log books as they come through
All participants will go through the process of building, managing, and eventually purging National Safety Code files. Recall systems will be outlined, which assist in expiring paperwork being brought forward.
The Motor Vehicle Act regulations will be studied to ensure that all participants understand the legal obligations under the National Safety Code, how its standards apply to all carriers, and how the failing of an audit can adversely affect a carrier’s operations.
The carrier profile will also be studied to ensure that all participants can read and understand all aspects of the carrier profile. It is recommended that all participants bring a copy of their carrier profile to work on and to study.
This program is 8 hours in length and will be a lecture-discussion demonstration format. All participants in this program will be required to interact during this program through group exercises and discussions.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an attendance certificate. There is a $10 charge for any replacement certificates.
For more details and registration click here