Looking for an opportunity to further your career?
SafetyDriven – TSCBC is a thriving organization with big aspirations for its employees. Working with SafetyDriven – TSCBC means you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career within a fantastic team of professionals and still have plenty of time to enjoy life outside work.
Job opportunities at SafetyDriven – TSCBC also come with:
- Frequent skills development and training
- Competitive salary and generous benefits
- Subsidies for training, and professional memberships
- Generous leave, including allowances for new parents
- Positive workplace with an upbeat corporate culture
Occupational Health & Safety Advisor
Make a difference every day!
SafetyDriven™ – the Trucking Safety Council of BC, is driving to improve safety performance in trucking and related industries. Our SafetyDriven&trade team delivers free, confidential advice, along with training, resources, and information. As the industry Certifying Partner, approved by WorkSafeBC, we award Certificates of Recognition (COR) to employers and owner/operators who can demonstrate ongoing commitment to workplace safety and effective injury management.
Position: Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Advisor
Contract: Full time, permanent
Reporting to: Occupational Health and Safety Manager
Based: Langley, BC
Hours: Mon –Fri, 8:30am to 5pm
We are seeking an Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Advisor who will provide advisory services to our employer members and related industries including: workplace inspections, training development and delivery, program building and resource development, mentoring and support. The OHS Adviser will support all of our member client segments including Owner Operator/Small Business and Medium/Large Business and acquire new customers while creating better relationships with existing customers.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in a professional office environment, have exemplary customer service skills, hardworking, dynamic and be able to react to business needs in this fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate holds a recognized Occupational Health and Safety Degree or Diploma, and either holds or is working towards the Canadian Registered Safety Practitioner (CRSP) designation.
As a valued staff member, you will bring a positive and supportive perspective to our close-knit and collaborative group. You are fluid with change, flexible, and enjoy working with a variety of people, on a number of tasks and projects.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Progressive work experience in injury prevention, safety compliance and occupational health and safety management systems.
- Experience developing OH&S programs/systems
- Experience of Customer Relationship Management systems.
- Demonstrated occupational health and safety experience in the trucking, transportation and related industries.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Exemplary organization, planning and time management skills.
- Be comfortable in a fast paced, high performing and professional environment.
We value our staff and provide:
- A competitive compensation.
- Benefits package including pension plan.
- Generous vacation.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
For a complete job description, please click here.
To apply please submit a covering letter, with available start date, salary expectations and resume (max 5 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm Friday, March 24, 2017.
We thank you for your interest in our organization. Please be advised that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.